Monday, March 12, 2007

Twenty two, Twenty three

Sunday:

The world "lambent," found in Wicked:
Pronunciation:
\ˈlam-bənt\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Latin lambent-, lambens, present participle of lambere to lick
Date:
1647
1 : playing lightly on or over a surface : flickering 2 : softly bright or radiant 3 : marked by lightness or brilliance especially of expression

There are a lot of words in that book I don't know. I mean to look them up but who wants to get up and look up a word in the middle of reading? Not me.

Today:

Today I learned some life lessons about getting things done in some reasonable period of time rather than putting them off until they become really, really problematic. This is something I need to learn again and again, but hopefully I'm set for at least a little bit. That's enough about that.

No comments: