Sunday, May 20, 2007

Ninety, Ninety one, Ninety two

Aight, three things for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday:

1.) A "biome" is "a major portion of the living environment of a particular region (such as a fir forest or grassland), characterized by its distinctive vegetation and maintained by local climatic conditions."

2.) Rainbows! Rainbows are caused when light is refracted upon entering a rain drop, reflects off the back, and then is refracted again on the way out the front. "
The amount by which light is refracted depends upon its wavelength, and hence its colour. Blue light (shorter wavelength) is refracted at a greater angle than red light, but because the area of the back of the droplet has a focal point inside the droplet, the spectrum crosses itself, and therefore the red light appears higher in the sky, and forms the outer colour of the rainbow" (Wikipedia). Got it? Good.


3.) I had a third thing I was supposed to look up, but, unsurprisingly, I can't remember what it was. Hmm...hey, remember these?! That has nothing to do with learning but I just came across it. I had so many of those. Jeez, how many Happy Meals did my mom let me eat? Oh wait, no, I did learn something. They had names: Robocakes, Gallacta Burger, Fry Force, Krypto Cup, Macro Mac, Turbo Cone, C2 Cheeseburger, and FryBot. Heh, that's funny.

No comments: