Thursday, July 5, 2007

132, 133, 134, 135, 136

Well, this was bound to happen sooner or later. I totally slacked off for an entire week and didn't do my blog. I honestly have been very busy/not home much, but I'll admit that I was mostly lazy. The good news is that this long hiatus almost prompted me to just give up on the project entirely, but somehow today I guilted myself into coming back. Anyway, for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday:

The Clash's "Rock the Casbah" was inspired by the ban on rock music in Iran. The Clash is all, "Forget that! Let's rock the casbah!" I agree, boys.

There is a whole list of songs that Clear Channel made up after 9-11 that their radio stations were not supposed to play for a while after the attacks. It seems kind of retarded to me; I mean, off the top of my head, the list includes Simon and Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" but not "The Only Living Boy in New York." Stupid.

I learned, um, some things about COTA and how the COTA buses work, but not enough to actually catch the bus I wanted to catch. Still. I know more than I did before.

I learned how far a walk it is from Lane Avenue to Vet's Memorial (4 miles).

One reason why we don't pee while we're sleeping at night is that the body produces an antidiuretic every evening. This keeps the kidneys from producing much urine, so your bladder isn't full until morning. The other reason is that you learn to wake up if your bladder feels full.

More tomorrow.

No comments: