Sunday, October 14, 2007

237, 238, 239

Friday I learned about defacing money. Apparently it is OK to alter or deface currency as long as you then don't try to use it as currency; so, you can punch a hole in a penny and wear it as a necklace, but you can't try to use it as a spending penny after that. See here. I have been giving people wrong info on this topic for a while now, which sucks. My bad.

Saturday I learned about the Mongolian Barbecue, which is neither Mongolian nor barbecue. Apparently this type of restaurant was invented in Taiwan within the last 50 years or so, which is pretty funny. It comes from a style of Japanese cooking; that makes sense if you've ever been to one of those Japanese steakhouses, although I'm sure those aren't particularly authentic either. I went to BD's Mongolian Barbecue on Saturday. It was pretty good, I would go again. I like picking my own stuff.

Today I learned about a variety of different shock sites, after Goatse and Tubgirl both came up in conversation between Bill and I within like 2 minutes of each other (yeah, interesting conversation). I was familiar with both of those two, unfortunately, but not with any of the other ones mentioned in this article. Man, I am so tempted to go and look at each and every one of those sites but I know better. Once you see those things, you can't un-see them.

No comments: