Sunday, October 21, 2007

243, 244, 245, 246

Thursday I learned about Jonestown. The settlement for the Peoples Temple led by Jim Jones, Jonestown was founded in 1974 and was the site of the mass murder-suicide in 1978. 909 people died there. I never heard the whole story, it's crazy. I read the article on Wikipedia. Hard to believe.

Friday I learned that they are opening a Panda Express right next door to Larry's on campus. Yay! I will now be much more excited about going to Larry's all the damn time.

Saturday I learned a way to get around all the traffic on the way to the Pumpkin Show and get there in a tiny fraction of the time it would otherwise take. Technically I just sort of lucked into it, but from here on out I won't have to worry about traffic any more. It also helps to go early, if you're wondering.

Today I learned about fat cells. By the time you finish puberty, you have all the fat cells in your body that you will ever have. When you get fat, you don't get more fat cells; the ones you have just get bigger. I wonder how big they can get.

No comments: