Wednesday, November 7, 2007

262, 263

Uh, I thought I did my blog yesterday but I guess not. Yesterday I learned a whole mess of crap about using formulas in Excel. I learned all this at Using Formulas In Excel. I am really stupid with Excel because I never use it, but the trainings through my work are actually somewhat helpful. And I used one of our online training things for the first time; they are pretty decent.

Today I learned about the pound sign (#). Why is it called the pound sign, I wondered. Because it means "pounds," that's why. I honestly did not know that. You can be all, "That girl needs to eat a cheeseburger, she looks like she weighs 80#." No one does that, do they? I mean, I call it the pound sign, but I don't use it for pounds. It means number to me, like, "#5 was the hardest question on the quiz." The Wikipedia article is like really snotty about it; it repeats over and over how only PARTS OF THE US AND CANADA use the term "pound sign" and that no on in the U.K. would ever, ever call it that, okay?

No comments: