Sunday, December 2, 2007

285, 286, 287, 288

Thursday I learned that you can set your Amazon wishlist to show you all of your stuff if you're logged in, even the stuff that has already been purchased. So if Christmas or your birthday or whatever is coming up, you can still look at your wishlist and change stuff around without having to see what all has been bought already. That's cool.

Friday I learned about tin foil hats. People wear tin foil hats because they think that aliens (or someone else) is trying to control their brain with signals, or because they think it will protect them from electromagnetic fields and the like. A really well-made foil hat might actually help protect you from some things, but for the most part it does not work (mainly because it doesn't completely enclose your head) and sometimes it might actually help signals get in.

Saturday I learned about eggnog. I was not sure exactly what it in eggnog. It is milk or a blend of milk and cream plus sugar and spices (like cinnamon or nutmeg) and then eggs are added to make it frothy. Eggnog that you buy is usually pasteurized so you don't have to worry about dying from the raw eggs, but if you make it yourself you should heat the eggs slowly to 160 degrees to make sure they're safe.

Today I learned that the Grand Canyon is in Arizona. I always think it's in Colorado, and I know that's wrong, but then I can't remember where it actually is. Bill thought it was Colorado too.

No comments: