Tuesday, December 4, 2007

290

Today I learned what a sump pump is. I mean, I kind of knew what it did, but I didn't know what it was...if that makes any sense. Like, I didn't know which thing in my basement was a sump pump. But then this morning I heard this crazy loud noise that I thought was coming from outside, and when I went to investigate it I realized it was coming from the basement. So naturally I called my dad, and upon describing a pipe coming out of the wall and going down into a big plastic hole in the ground, we decided that my sump pump was (noisily) running for no apparent reason. It kicked on about 3 times this morning and ran for 10-15 minutes each time. I haven't heard it since I've been home from work. Hopefully my next blog will not be "today I learned how to fix a sump pump that blew up and ruined my whole house."

PS...I just realized that I made a numbering error back on Nov 23 that knocked me back about 50 Learnings. I'm gonna fix that right now; with any luck it won't mess anything up too badly.

No comments: