Sunday, February 25, 2007

Eight

Today I learned about beer. Basically there are two main types of beer...ales and lagers. Ales are made with top-fermenting yeast and lager is made with bottom-fermenting yeast. Those two then break off into a bunch of different types like stout, pilsner, porter, etc. I would describe those two main types but you sort of get different descriptions based on what source you're looking at...I'm sure it's a pretty subjective thing. Also there seems to be a lot of variation depending on the type within those main categories, so...I won't bother with that. I honestly didn't even get as good of information as I was hoping for, but I didn't really spend THAT much time looking. I was just a little curious.

Next up is the goal of learning which beer I can actually drink without being totally grossed out.

1 comment:

Jared Cherup said...

Answer: None.

Unless there is a subcategory that tastes like sour patch kids.