Saturday, February 24, 2007

Five, Six, Seven

Thursday:

The average hamster lives 2-3 years. I read this in a book about caring for your hamster while I was on C* at work.

Friday:

Friday I learned a little bit about Vickie Stringer and Triple Crown Publications. Vickie is a writer and publisher from Columbus, and TCP has put out such books as Whore, Gangsta, A Project Chick, Crackhead, Bitch, Cash Money, and many more. These books are EXTREMELY popular at my library, and on Thursday Vickie did a program at the main library that had like 200 people in attendance. A lot of the people that write TCP books write them when they're in prison; I learned that one of the authors is currently incarcerated in Michigan, and so she only gets half of the money from selling her books...that state of Michigan gets the other half. Isn't that BS? And she can actually only have like $1000 at one time, so she set up some kind of fund with Vickie to put the money in there. Crazy. Anyway, I knew some of this stuff already, but one girl that I work with sent out an email about the program so I did find out more about Ms. Stringer and TCP in general. Check out the TCP website for more info...the story is actually very cool.

Saturday:

Today I learned about the Flickr group Stick Figures In Peril which is fucking hilarious. HILARIOUS.

I need to put more links in with all of these entries, but really I am too lazy.

No comments: