Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thirty two, Thirty three

Grr, I'm tired. Sometimes I really wish I didn't have this blog.

Wednesday:

I learned that recycling is a waste. Apparently it is not efficient, creates a lot of pollution, costs a lot of money, etc. Also, our landfills are not running out of room and we won't be in trouble with landfills for many years. This is based on a paragraph off the back of Penn and Teller's Bullshit, but hey, I trust them. That's kind of a bummer because I'm usually pretty good about recycling stuff. Good to know I was wasting my time!

Today:

The term Frisbee comes from the Frisbie baking company that used to sell pies in pie tins that would later be thrown around for fun, mostly by college students. When Wham-O "invented" the Frisbee years later, they decided to go with that name for their product. More at Wikipedia under Frisbee.

No comments: