Friday, June 8, 2007

111

This is a good one! On Wenesday Bill and I went for a walk, and I noticed this bright, bright red bug crawling along the path. We bent down and looked at it for a while; neither one of us had ever seen one before. Turns out it is a red velvet mite. I guess you can kind of tell from the pictures, but they are seriously SO red. I mean, it's smaller than a lady bug, and I noticed it on the ground just walking by.

Actually the funniest thing happened...while we were crouched down looking at it, this lady walked by and was just like "Do you see anything?" and bent down and started looking too, and then we talked about the bug. It just struck me as random that she saw me looking at something and just thought she'd have a look too. I mean, she wasn't crazy or anything, she was just curious. And then she put up a little stick barricade so the bug wouldn't walk out onto the path and get squooshed. Haha.

1 comment:

Jared Cherup said...

I wish I had a giant one of those.