Monday, October 8, 2007

230, 231, 232, 233

This is stupid, but I could never really picture celery growing out of the ground, and I had never seen it. I have seen tons of different vegetables growing in people's gardens, but not celery. So I looked up a picture of it, and yeah...it looks pretty much how you would expect. I hate celery so much.

Coincidentally, at the same time, I learned that Brussels sprouts grown on these crazy tree things that are like 3 or 4 feet tall. What?! I did not know that. I thought they just popped out of the ground like tiny, tiny cabbages. You can go here to see pictures of a bunch of different vegetables, including celery and Brussels sprouts, growing in this dude's garden.

I learned some of the features of the geotagged photos on Flickr, just by playing with them. It's fun to see what pictures other people have taken of stuff right around where you live that you see every day. I spend way too much time on Flickr.

Finally, I learned that the big thrift store down at Cleveland and 161 sells suits and even tuxedo jackets. I don't know why that is surprising to me; I know that most thrift stores sell women's stuff like prom dresses, but I guess I had never seen full suits or thought that anyone would buy a tuxedo and then just donate it to the thrift store.

No comments: