Friday, December 14, 2007

299, 300

Thursday I learned about hair follicle drug tests. To do one of these, they take about 50-70 strands of your hair that are about an inch and a half long. The test can detect cocaine, marijuana, opiates, methamphetamine, and PCP, and it's more effective than urine testing because it picks up drugs that were used at a lower level or longer ago. Traces of the drug get into your hair as it's metabolized. If you don't have much hair on your head, they can use body hair to test as well. This is very random; I'm not on drugs or anything.

Today I learned how to make a caramel pecan pie. I had never made a pie before today. Well, Erica made the crust, but I mixed the other stuff up and put it together. It was really easy--you just melt caramel, milk and butter, then mix it up with some sugar and eggs--and it turned out great. Deeelicious. Here is the recipe, if you are interested.

No comments: